QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment)
On the ground, responsible management of personnel (health and safety), of assets and of resources at hand (environment) according to the strictest quality standards is made possible through the coordinated efforts of the QHSE Department (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment).
An Enhanced and Centralised Function
In anticipation of its increasing strategic role, the QHSE Department underwent major changes in 2013, including a new and and more flexible organisational structure as well as an ambitious development programme. The latter covers the following objectives:
- Set targets for improvements, and continue to measure and report performance against these targets;
- Identify and promote best practices;
- Promote a culture in which every Zhaikmunai employee shares these commitments;
- Further position QHSE within any other critical business activity within Zhaikmunai;
- Ensure subcontractor buy-in and compliance with regard to the QHSE policies;
- Assist in the development and diffusion of the relevant appropriate local QHSE programmes;
- Further promote the actions from Zhaikmunai management in line with the QHSE vision and policy work.
Strategic Transversal Action
Strategic transversal activities have been centralised under the QHSE function with the aim of increasing management control and enhancing results. It is not only the health and safety of personnel but also the integrity and sustainability of the operating environment which are fundamental to the success of Zhaikmunai over the lifetime of its licences.
In this context, Zhaikmunai is developing an extended quality policy, which will also integrate these fundamental variables in a simpler and more effective way. As such, this quality policy will strive to meet the following objectives:
- Establish and implement ISO 9000 – 14000 standards;
- Communicate and monitor quality objectives and policies throughout the enlarged Zhaikmunai community;
- Ensure the development of good relationships with Zhaikmunai suppliers based on continuous improvement in product quality, service and support;
- Continue the development of quality standards and the monitoring of actual performance against these standards as a means to meaningful action planning.